Private insurance for TU Delft students

When you start your studies at TU Delft and don’t receive any income in the Netherlands, you (and your family members) can only apply for a private healthcare insurance.


We offer students of TU Delft (and their family members) a special insurance, the Masterplan+ from insurance company Insure To Study. This student insurance is known for its excellent price-quality ratio. It meets both the IND requirements if you need a residence permit and the TU Delft requirements of having a costprice medical/pre-existing insurance, a liability insurance and a lot more. Have a look at the extent of cover which International Insurances offers.


Do you come from an EU-country and do you have an EHIC card? We can fit you up with a special package; the ITS European Plan. This is an additional coverage on the EHIC card from your home country. Have a look at the extent of cover.


Besides the healthcare insurance, International Insurances offers additional insurances in the BasicPlan. This package includes liability insurance.

Have a look at the extent of cover for more information.


If you start working this might have consequences for your healthcare insurance. Contact us when you start working or when you start a paid internship.

Image of flyer
Find more information with our frequently asked questions

Did you receive a letter from CAK? Read here what you should do.
logo Insure To Study

The benefits for you

This student insurance covers the costs associated with COVID-19 disease.

International Insurances offers suiting solutions for students on the university to all possible insurance types. We listed some advantages below (Masterplan+):


  • Medical costs are insured up to the cost price (no limitation)
  • No deductible excess after health care costs
  • Including dental, physiotherapy and psychotherapy coverage, click here for the extent of cover
  • Low premium and excellent conditions
  • Pre-existing conditions are also insured
  • Including insurance package (luggage and household effects, legal assistance, personal accidents, repatriation (first and second degree), travel insurance and very important liability/third party)
  • ***You can apply already for this insurance in your homeland, the start day from the insurance is the day you will leave your country***
  • Assistance if you start working besides your study, start an internship or receive letters from the government (CAK)
  • We are available 24/7 for all your questions (SOS-International: 020-6515154)
  • Worldwide coverage including USA as well in your home country. This includes holidays and internship.


* dental expenses costs up to € 750, physiotherapy up to € 500, manual therapy up to € 350, occupational therapy max. 10 hours and psychotherapy up to € 3.000 a year.




This insurance meets both the IND requirements if you need a residence permit and the TU Delft requirements of having sufficient medical and liability insurance.


€ 59,50 per month (30 days), € 1,98 per day for a full package insurance including medical costs




European plan: for European students who live in Europe and have the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card)

€ 25,00 per month or € 0,83 per day for additional coverage on the EHIC as well as all other (non-medical) coverages equal to Masterplan+ i

EU citizens have a serious discount on their health insurance, as they hold a European health insurance card. In some situations the insurance company can ask for a restitution from the health insurance company in the home country of the EU citizen.

Be aware: plannable medical care in the Netherlands is not part of the coverage!



Basic plan

€ 15,90 per month or € 0,53 per day.
This package includes accidents, luggage, household effects, emergencies and liability.

Be aware: medical cost are not insured in this plan.


You can always contact International Insurances for personal advice at phone number 088 – 12 10 292 or send an email to, 24/7! Our advisors will gladly help you over the phone or by email.

Frequently asked questions

Which address should I use to fill in the form and how do I pay for the insurance?

When you apply, please fill in your current address, your address in country of origin. In the case, you already know your address in the Netherlands, you can fill it in on the form. When you don’t know your address in the Netherlands yet, you can inform us about this after arriving in the Netherlands. At the moment you apply, we will ask you to pay the premium for the first months. Therefore it is better to apply when you know for sure you will fly to the Netherlands.

Which advantages do you have with our insurance? Please pay attention.

As these insurances are special for TU Delft students, pre-existing conditions are included.

Medical coverages after getting the coronavirus are also included. As the coronavirus is qualified from the WHO (World Health Organisation) as an epidemic and pandemic, other insurance companies may exclude coverage in case of an epidemic and pandemic. Please be aware of this.

What happens after you applied?

After applying for our student insurance you will receive an automatic confirmation by email from Insure To Study.

This confirmation will also contain a temporary policy (‘Pre-polis’). If you didn’t receive it, please check your email spam folder.

You will receive the original policy and all relevant documents by email within 2 working days. 

After arriving in the Netherlands, and we know, your Dutch address, we will send you everything (including the insurance card) via regular mail.

How to find a general practicioner?

TU Delft students please visit ‘SGZ student’ and your student insurance company ‘Insure To Study’ are working closely together. Upon presentation of your insurance card, which you will receive after you applied for the student insurance, SGZ will send your invoice directly to the insurance company.

You can select the GP of your choice, but you need to find one in your area. Perform a Google search: huisarts, streetname, city.
Your search result will list all general practitioners in your area. It is not uncommon the GP will bill you during your visit. It is customary to pay upfront and get reimbursed afterwards by the insurance company.

You can also visit the following website with information about general practitioners in Delft:

Who can I contact in the evening, night or in the weekend, when the general practicioner is not available?

When you feel sick during your GP’s of duty hours you can call him/she to get the details of an on-duty GP service. In every city there is a GP service website/phone number you can call. During a brief telephone interview the GP service will determine if it is necessary for you to visit the GP service (called huisartsenpost).

For Delft for example: huisartsenpost Delft.
Phone number: 015-2511930

I feel sick. What do I do?

In the Netherlands the first one to see, when you don’t feel well is a general practitioner (GP). He/she will advise you on what to do, look for the cause and suggest treatments. You need a referral from a general practitioner for medicines, a medical test or to see a specialist in the hospital.

In the Netherlands, you can’t go directly to the hospital. In case of real emergency the emergcy number is 112.

Also please see the answer of the next question, Who can I contact in the evening, night or weekend when the general practitioner is not available?

How can I cancel my student insurance when I leave the Netherlands?

Please send us an email with a copy of your return ticket home and a copy of the removal from the municipality.

What else can you expect from International Insurances?

  • Competitive premium with excellent terms and conditions
  • Simple compare online or by telephone, calculate and apply
  • International Insurances helpdesk for personal advice: 24/7 reachable. A personal approach and no queues
  • One telephone number for all your questions and to report your damage
  • Annual insurance check: does your coverage reflect your current situation?